Are we a right fit for each other?
We are a private pay and insurance-based practice specializing in therapy across the lifespan, including individuals, couples, families, teens, and children. Treatment areas include, but are not limited to, depression, anxiety, grief and loss, ADHD, eating disorders, personal growth, anger management, substance abuse and addiction, career transitions, divorce, and blended families.
We discourage biblical or religious-based therapy as a modality but encourage research-based and holistic methods that strive for all humans’ inclusivity. You must be anti-racist, understand issues concerning BIPOC communities, and are LBGTQIA+ affirming.
We offer FREE in-house supervision for students and LPC-Associates.
Perks of working with I Choose Change:
- Flexible schedule. You decide your schedule and when you want to work.
- Vacations encouraged. Work when you want, vacation when you want. Family comes first, and work-life balance is a must.
- Affirming and inclusive. You’re accepted, and so are our clients. We’re social-justice oriented.
- Admin staff and marketing. We have admin on staff to help, plus a leadership team ready to mentor you along the way. Our goal is to help you grow and thrive not only as a clinician but as an independent business owner
Position Description: The therapist will provide culturally competent mental health services to individuals and families experiencing varying levels of difficulties due to life situations or mental health concerns. Preferred methodologies include attachment-based, DBT, EFT, Gottman, EMDR, or any combination.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide high-quality, compassionate, and ethical mental health therapy to clients scheduled in a private practice setting.
- Complete clinical documentation within 72 hours of the date of service (recommended to be completed daily) into EHR (Electronic Health Record).
- Actively participate as a positive member of the clinical environment.
- Maintain good standing with the appropriate board and insurance entities.
- Complete all recommended continuing education requirements
- Stay current with updated research and best practices.
- Be aware of community referral sources and refer when necessary.
- Secure client information per HIPAA standards.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of family systems, preferably from an attachment perspective, and their impact on mental health within the family
- Skill in applying varied interventions with individuals/families in crisis
- Skill in working with a variety of cultures
- Skill in working independently and implementing time management strategies
- Ability to provide necessary self-care
- Ability to demonstrate positive team interactions with other clinic staff
- Awareness of personal strengths and appropriate timing for referrals
Education and Experience:
- A master’s or doctoral degree in a mental health-related field
- LPC, LCSW, LMFT, PsyD
- Licensed within the State of Texas
- Willingness to get credentialed with all major insurance companies
- Previous experience in virtual mental health, office-based counseling and/or school-based counseling protocol, and/or knowledge of EHR desired
Conclusion: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by professionals within this position but is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Payment: 50-60% of client fee + bonuses, based on experience.
Are you interested in applying?
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com! Additionally, all applicants are asked to fill out this preliminary questionnaire which helps us both know if we’re good for each other.
We look forward to hearing from you!