We equip people who have self-doubt, hopelessness, and worry with tools to create a happier, more contented life and family.
LIFE AND FAMILY DISCORD IS SO STRESSFUL.
Lack of emotional connection with yourself, your partner, and family members feels depressing.
Disconnected, angry partner
Lonely, unsettled inner self
HOME SHOULD BE A PLACE OF
PEACE, SOLITUDE, AND COMFORT.
PEACE, SOLITUDE, AND COMFORT.
Struggling with depression, anxiety, relationship struggles, career changes, school difficulties, and similar issues can disrupt your whole life. It can make family life chaotic and unsettling. Let our mental health guides help create a plan to pull you out of the chaotic space you’re currently living. We work with individuals from 3 to 83 years old.
Issues you might address in individual counseling include but are not limited to:
- Depression and bipolar disorders
- Anxiety, phobias, and fear
- Parenting struggles
- Marriage, pre-marriage, divorce or blended family
- Chronic health afflictions
- Personal and professional growth
- Grief and loss issues
- Insomnia and Sleep Disorders
- Personality disorders, symptom management
- Spirituality and faith concerns
- Low self-confidence and low self-worth issues
Parenting is a tough business. As parents, we fear messing up the job in a big way! And, because communication with children can be difficult, child counseling is often used with children because they lack the verbal and cognitive skills to communicate their feelings and thoughts with appropriate words.
For Small Children:
At I Choose Change play therapy is considered a main staple in our practice because it is a structured, theoretically-based approach to counseling that helps children communicate and process what they’re feeling in a way that is most comfortable for them in their developmental phase of life. (Read More.)
Teens are in the ever-changing process of building their social skills, developing better emotional intelligence, and figuring out how to be in the driver seat of their own life. Your teen is building their own social groups – people they can lean on, confide in, and be close to.
Seeing a counselor provides a safe, secure place for your child or teen to express and work through some very challenging issues. Teens often don’t see parents a trusting confidante. We want to build that bridge. (Read more.)
Family counseling can teach you and the members of your family to deepen emotional connections. Whether it is learning to strengthen family bonds through specific activities, or how to communicate with each member in a more productive way, counseling and coaching can help. Some ways family counseling can help:
- Explore your family’s ability to solve problems
- Consider family roles and behavior patterns which may contribute to conflict
- Identify member strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the family dynamics
- Learn healthy boundaries and family patterns and dynamics
- Improve communication with all members
- Have deeper empathy for specific mental health issues or disorders within the family structure
- Reduce conflict and have better anger management skills
You crave a cohesive, unconditional, nurturing partner. Without one every other part of life can be a struggle. Challenges and obstacles are normal in all marriages. But marriages riddled with fighting, yelling, silence, and tension creates a very lonely place.
Couple counseling provides tools for couples who need to learn to communicate better, decide which problems are solvable and which aren’t, and learn to argue more effectively. A healthy couple is the hub of the home.
Relationship counseling can help with these issues:
- Parenting differences
- Blended families
- Culture clashes
- Sex and intimacy issues
- Communication issues
- Financial difficultes