About I Choose Change
We are glad you’re here!
Why “I Choose Change?” Simple. It’s because you can’t say the name without stating a positive affirmation. We think that’s a great first start to change.
We are Licensed Counselors, Registered Play Therapists, Expressive Art Therapy building stronger families and marriages providing counseling, psychotherapy and life coaching for adults, teens, children and teens. Face-to-face serving Allen, Plano, McKinney, Wylie, Lucas, Sachse or online and email counseling around the globe!
All counselors at I Choose Change use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Attachment Theory as a basis for our counseling. We utilize Jennifer Slingerland Ryan’s signature TEA Process of helping clients understand and hence be able to use CBT in their everyday life.
The TEA Process (Meaning: “Thoughts-Emotions-Actions”) of change is simple and easy to understand. If you’ve received Cognitive Behavioral Therapy before, chances are you walked away with more questions than answers about how to utilize the skills you were taught that would last for the duration of your life.
At I Choose Change, we encourage change that lasts a lifetime for yourself, your relationships, and your family. The I Choose Change TEA Process is a lifestyle change.
In addition to adding a bit of TEA to your life, we push you into new, uncharted territory using what we call Connection Therapy. Connection Therapy considers your early relationships as a blueprint for all relationships you have today: children, spouse, domestic partner, friendships, and coworkers, then seeks to alter kinks in the learned behaviors so you have more success in these relationships.
We think healthy individuals make healthy partners, make healthy families, make healthy communities, and make a healthy world.
Love the Couch
We help get to the core of your self-defeating beliefs and negative thought patterns so you feel better immediately, plus help you connect to the important supporters in your life in a deeper, more fulfilling way.
We are Allen counseling associates who provide practical counseling that kicks depression, anxiety, worry, fear, phobias, marital strife, parenting woes, and many other struggles to the curb.
Change is a Choice. We can help:
- Provide effective relationship counseling, family therapy, play therapy and life coaching that works incorporating your unique goals and needs
- Improve mental clarity and awareness as a means of understanding why you feel and do things that keep you stuck
- Improve overall physical and emotional health and wellness
- Obtain goals associated with life balance, happiness, and satisfaction
- Decrease emotional dissatisfaction
- Increase productivity and organization in your personal and professional life
Who Will Benefit
Whether you’ve suffered from clinical depression most of your life or you are simply encountering the stressors of difficult life situations, I Choose Change can help improve your emotional setbacks and physical limitations. Many of our regular clients come to us with these concerns:
- Depression and Bipolar
- Anxiety, fear, worry, and phobias
- Parenting effectiveness and parent coaching
- Teen life coaching and counseling
- Child Therapy / Play Therapy
- Marriage and relationship conflicts
- Workplace and career dissatisfaction
- Coping with chronic health problems
- Personal and professional growth
- Drug, alcohol, gambling and sex abuse and addiction
Allen, McKinney, Murphy, Plano, Frisco, Lucas, Fairview, and Wylie – Come to the Couch!
Schedule by phone or online now: 214-547-1318
Love the couch. Love yourself.©